Imparing Quality Education and Embedding Moral Values
The campus has its own Anti Woman Harassment Cell for the protection of girl student against various worst activities. The working and management information of cell is as below:
What is Sexual Harassment?
According to the Supreme Court order, sexual harassment if any is unwelcome. The following steps involve in the Sexual Harassment:
• Physical contact and advances
• Demand or request for sexual favors
• Sexually colored remarks
• Display pornography
• Any other unwelcome physical, verbal and non-verbal conduct of a sexual nature.
• Basically it is any unwelcome words or actions of sexual nature.
Eve-teasing, unsavory remarks, jokes causing or likely to cause awkwardness or embarrassment, Innuendos and taunts, Gender based insult or sexist remarks, unwelcome sexual overtone in any manner such as over telephone (obnoxious telephone calls) and touching or brushing against any part of the body and Displaying pornographic or other offensive or derogatory pictures, cartoons, pamphlets or sayings, Forcible physical touch or molestation and Physical confinement against one’s will and any other act likely to violate one’s privacy.
Purpose and Function:
This Cell facilitates a gender-sensitive and congenial working environment at SIMT, so that women in the campus place and work place are not subjected to gender specific discrimination or sexual harassment.
• Who can approach the cell?
Any female student/Faculty of SIMT
• HOW TO LODGE A COMPLAINT?
The person concerned can personally approach/telephone/write/ email ant member of the cell. The name of the complaint will be kept CONFIDENTIAL.
Functions of the Cell
The office of the cell is an educational resource as well as a complaint centre for the members of the faculty, staff and students of the University. Its mandate is:
• To provide a neutral, confidential and supportive environment for members of the campus community who may have been sexual harassed.
• To advise complaints of the informal and formal means of resolution as specified by the Cell.